Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shed recommendations

Options
  • 24-09-2015 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

I moved into a new house and we're planning to get a shed for the back garden. Something along the lines of 8x10 should be sufficient, but a bit smaller or bigger is okay. Any recommendations? Are metal or PVC sheds better? We won't get a wooden one anyway. We went to Woodies and B&Q but neither had a great selection and they were all wooden. There seems to be plenty of online suppliers but we're not sure who is decent.

We also don't have any base for the shed yet. Would regular paving slabs work or should we get a concrete base?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭thebiglad

I got a Steel Shed from Clane Steel Sheds - didn't need a concrete base - they supply, deliver and install in the price.

If there is an old shed to get rid of you can get that done too.

I had a wooden shed previous but the steel shed is just no comparison - whomever you go with for a shed definitely go with Steel if you can budget it.

http://www.clanesteelgardensheds.ie/Clane_Sheds/Home.html

Their main yard is obviously Clane but they have a small yard near to the Walkinstown Roundabout (M50 Tallaght)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

That's great, thanks! Not having to worry about a base is a big plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭thebiglad

dutopia wrote: »
    That's great, thanks! Not having to worry about a base is a big plus.

It is lined with plywood which sits on top of a steel frame - If installing again I would ask for a double layer of plywood or thicker floor base -perhaps marine ply but otherwise very happy 1 year on.

Lead time following order was about 1 month.

Also would be very hard to break into - the bolt is welded onto door/frame so want be pried off as a wood shed would.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

thebiglad wrote: »
    It is lined with plywood which sits on top of a steel frame - If installing again I would ask for a double layer of plywood or thicker floor base -perhaps marine ply but otherwise very happy 1 year on.

Lead time following order was about 1 month.

Also would be very hard to break into - the bolt is welded onto door/frame so want be pried off as a wood shed would.

Good tip, I'll ask for that if I order with them.

Advertisement