Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange lights in a picture

Options
  • 24-09-2015 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

I was shooting an event recently and in a few some strange red lights appear (looking like a grid of sorts).
    I think they are coming from another camera, but am not sure.
    Does anyone know what they could be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

mdebets wrote: »
    I was shooting an event recently and in a few some strange red lights appear (looking like a grid of sorts).

Focus aid from another camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Were you shooting with a UV filter attached to the lens?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Yongnuo flashes (maybe others too?) create that focus assist pattern. Looks like somebody forgot to switch it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

Were you shooting with a UV filter attached to the lens?
    No

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

It's a focus pattern from a flash, as said. UV filter would not make any difference as these are at the other end of the light spectrum.

Some of these are in the visible red and others a bit lower in the infrared, but may be just below visible and your sensor may still pick it up depending on the IR filter characteristics.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

mdebets wrote: »

That's where she was marked up by her plastic surgeon for her face lift. She forgot to wash it off before she went out.......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Whoever was shooting the other shot was standing to your left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

CabanSail wrote: »
    Whoever was shooting the other shot was standing to your left.

Elementary, my dear Watson:eek::D

Advertisement