Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise-D Virtual Tour - 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Incredible. It'd be amazing to have a game built around something like that, where you can get assigned to different ships, work up through the ranks, & eventually take command etc. I'd love to see this in the Rift...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

That's fantastic... LOL @ the "head" - even has the 3 Sea-shells :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Myrddin wrote: »
    Incredible. It'd be amazing to have a game built around something like that, where you can get assigned to different ships, work up through the ranks, & eventually take command etc. I'd love to see this in the Rift...

I think the assets are just too big for multiple ships. Even with todays hardware. Do yous think a structured rpg thing just on the enterprise would sell?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 jem hadar

Fantastic. Delighted I saw a toilet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Noblong wrote: »
    Do yous think a structured rpg thing just on the enterprise would sell?

Part of me says yes, absolutely. Another part though says hmm, wandering around the ship might get a little boring after a while (hence needing to progress onto other ships to keep the player interested). But yeah, amazing work regardless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kenny Bania

Has anyone here done the Star Trek Experience in Vegas? It's amazing! They have most of the original set from Paramount. I sat on the actual bridge!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Has anyone here done the Star Trek Experience in Vegas? It's amazing! They have most of the original set from Paramount. I sat on the actual bridge!

That looks great. That's what we're missing here. All the bells a wistles of that. It's like that bit in the Search for Spock where they rob the ship from dry dock. Not quite sure if Scotty can get the doors open for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kenny Bania

Noblong wrote: »
    That looks great. That's what we're missing here. All the bells a wistles of that. It's like that bit in the Search for Spock where they rob the ship from dry dock. Not quite sure if Scotty can get the doors open for this one.

Just Googled it and read it closed in September 2008! I was there in May 2008 - lucky that. Still have my Jean-Luc uniform pajama top, which my wife hates & I wear to annoy her.

star-trek-next-generation-command-pajama-set-5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Looks cool.

Very impressive.

Is the shuttlebay really that big?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

I did that and thought is was pants... was looking forward to it for years and when i did it was sooo let down.. Only bright spot was the transporter effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

I listen to a podcast called the "Jeff Rubin show". He had an episode where he interviewed two former staff from the Star Trek experience. It made for some interesting & funny 'behind the scenes' stories http://jeffrubinjeffrubinshow.com/episode/45-the-star-trek-experience/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Greyjoy wrote: »
    I listen to a podcast called the "Jeff Rubin show". He had an episode where he interviewed two former staff from the Star Trek experience. It made for some interesting & funny 'behind the scenes' stories http://jeffrubinjeffrubinshow.com/episode/45-the-star-trek-experience/

might give that a listen - :D

Advertisement