Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new blind material

Options
  • 23-09-2015 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hi, I need to source some new material for one of the blinds, Its a silver backed black out blind ( At least I think that's what it's called) Have contacted several blind companies locally and no good, any ideas welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Might you be as well trying to get your hands on a replacement window blind from an old campervan or caravan? There must be some old vans in breakers yards?

Or indeed, give Pat Horan Motorhomes or Donnagheys a shout and see how much a whole new blind is

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭digger58

The material seems to deteriorate over time so I would prefer new, the price of these units new is horrendous. The work involved in taking out the old unit dictates that I need new material for this as well. Thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Leisure spares have blind material:
    BG1102 = 1000MM X 850MM
    BG1103 = 2000MM X 850MM
    http://www.leisurespares.co.uk/files/repair_roller_blind.pdf

May be as cheap to get a new blind from Aidan_M_M.

You may be able to chop up a silver backed thermal roller blind:
    https://www.vidaxl.ie/p/240732/roller-blind-blackout-40-x-100-cm-white

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭digger58

Any suppliers here in Ireland? I did make contact with one crowd where the joker stuttered and muttered for several minutes then magically came out with the lovely round figure of €100 per SqMtr!!! I've noticed lately that several people seem to think the tiger is roaring again and are trying to charge accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

digger58 wrote: »
    Any suppliers here in Ireland? I did make contact with one crowd where the joker stuttered and muttered for several minutes then magically came out with the lovely round figure of €100 per SqMtr!!! I've noticed lately that several people seem to think the tiger is roaring again and are trying to charge accordingly.

You could tell them you're looking for aluminium backed material for a velux blind would sound less like a money spinner. Better blinds in galway were very helpful when I needed velux blinds a few years ago. They have a proper factory there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

digger58 wrote: »
    Hi, I need to source some new material for one of the blinds, Its a silver backed black out blind ( At least I think that's what it's called) Have contacted several blind companies locally and no good, any ideas welcome.

How much do you want? I may have a bigger, damaged one you can cut down to size.

Advertisement