Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost

Options
  • 23-09-2015 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭

Hi first time in this forum.

I have an idea for a website/business.

A website similar to that of tradesman.ie for example with similar payment methods, lots of client details, firstly what ball park figure would it cost to set design/set up and secondly what would the running cost be, for example moderation etc.

I would be grateful for a couple of pointers on this, thanks.

Comments

Answer #1 €5 - if you do it yourself.

Answer #2 €1,000,000 if you go for a bespoke solution from a high end designer with all the bells and whistles.

Real answer - it depends. Your definition of "like site x" might be very different from mine. If you're willing to use a generic solution, it will get you 90%+ of what you want to do for low 4 figures with design. You will find that you are making compromises and working to accommodate how the system works, rather than having the system work the way you want it. If you're having a punt, this would be the way to start. If there's money in it, you can reinvest in the optimal solution later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Elaborate.

Advertisement