Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which Phablet to get to replace Note 3?

Options
  • 23-09-2015 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭

trying to decide what phone to get next after my Note 3 and OPO, but not sure if I should grab something now or wait a little while and see what comes out in the next month.

I think I'm just looking fro something to stop me from getting a Note 5 as I don't like the direction Samsung are going with it and I feel compelled to vote with my feet, but at the same time, I'm not going to NOT buy one if there isn't anything better for me out there.

essentials:
    >5.5" screen
    good camera
    good battery life
    good performance

would like, but not essential:
    fast charging
    wireless charging
    splash/waterproofing

don't like:
    Nexus 6P (too fugly!)

possible choices:
    Sony Z5 Premium
    OnePlus Two
    Nexus 6
    LG G4
    Note 5
    S6 Edge+

does anyone have any thoughts, or am i missing something? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I have a nexus 6 after coming from a HTC one. I love it, it is massive.

There are a few foibles but it has quick charge, wireless charge...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Hold off a few weeks and see how the Nexus 5X and 6P look.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/09/22/exclusive-here-is-the-nexus-6p-in-all-its-glory-front-and-back/

The 6P might not look great, but it has dual front facing speakers and a nice 5.7 inch 1440p screen.
    Hopefully the price won't be so premium.

EDIT: Whoops, just saw you dont like the look of the 6P. Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

I sold my Note 3 and settled on the Smart Ultra 6. I must say I'm incredibly happy with it; along with calls/texts/Viber, I tend to stream audio (4-5 hours per day), torrenting & video playing /streaming.

Same size as Note 3 and does everything the Note 3 could...

See thread on Smart Ultra 6 for more.

Advertisement