Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin company emptying bins at 9pm

Options
  • 22-09-2015 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hi all I'm a dad of an 11 month old and every Tuesday evening clean Ireland feel the need to come around between 8.30 and 9.30 at night to empty the bins in my estate. Surely there is some law that restricts this happening in a residential neighbourhood as my child wakes every bloody time they arrive. I know it's a stupid thing but when he is up loads with teething this is the straw that is breaking the camels back for me! Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Hi all I'm a dad of an 11 month old and every Tuesday evening clean Ireland feel the need to come around between 8.30 and 9.30 at night to empty the bins in my estate. Surely there is some law that restricts this happening in a residential neighbourhood as my child wakes every bloody time they arrive. I know it's a stupid thing but when he is up loads with teething this is the straw that is breaking the camels back for me! Any ideas?

Check the bye-laws for your local council, they should be available through their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

No idea, but the friggin ice cream van that comes round our estate at 8.30pm playing Yankee Doodle Dandee is in for a tyre slashing if he doesn't pi$$ off soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Our bins are emptied at exactly 4:30am.
    It always wakes me. I don't think much can be done about it tbh.
    Edit to add: I think it's such a rotten job that i wouldn't say anything . Just glad I'm inside and not on the bins myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Deagol

The generally excepted cutoff time is 10PM as far as I know. I'm not sure where I got that from but I have something in my head from many years ago about 10PM for noise.

It can't be that big a deal, they only come twice a month, and your kid will only be teething for a few months :) Isn't it great when life is that good that things like that upset you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭paddyirish23

Deagol wrote: »
    The generally excepted cutoff time is 10PM as far as I know. I'm not sure where I got that from but I have something in my head from many years ago about 10PM for noise.

It can't be that big a deal, they only come twice a month, and your kid will only be teething for a few months :) Isn't it great when life is that good that things like that upset you :D
    Try colic and then teething and the serious lack of sleep and come back to me. . This coming from a fairly positive person divi why bit always seem to time it at that exact time he's struggling with these teething. Definitely not in the handbook :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Deagol

Try colic and then teething and the serious lack of sleep and come back to me. . This coming from a fairly positive person divi why bit always seem to time it at that exact time he's struggling with these teething. Definitely not in the handbook :)

My one is 21 so long gone from it :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭jeremymurphy

Rather 9pm than 8:15 in the middle of my town when I am trying to get to work. Not helpful, I know. It's just my personal bugbear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

If you know the times and day why don't u set either white noise or lullabies to play at those times? And try not to become stressed thinking about it, kids feed off it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

I get up when I want except on Wednesdays
    When I get rudely awakened by the dustmen

I put my trousers on, have a cup of tea
    And I think about leaving the house

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

That is a ludicrous time to collect rubbish. Between 7am and 4pm is acceptable for this.

I can completely understand your frustration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

5.30/6.00 am is the time my neighbours bins are collected. Nearly always wakes my terrible sleeper. Lately we have been able to get him back asleep. drives me up the wall as its not even our bins. They are collected 12-1pm (nap time) 😠

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

White noise.

We have kids playing on the road until 10pm most nights. It's a quiet cul de sac so all the parents and kids know each other. Like a fricken block party every night lol. But yeah. White noise helps.

Ive a 9 month old who doesn't sleep longer than 2 hrs at a time and will use any excuse to be awake! If it works here it'll work anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Unfortunately 9pm is an acceptable time. Anything up until 10pm is accepted.

Advertisement