Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodwork class

Options
  • 22-09-2015 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a class for a present for my husband. We have a space down the bottom of the garden that he wants to build either a skate ramp for our son or a man-cave for himself. I think the skate ramp is a doable project over the winter, the man-cave seems a bit more ambitious. I saw these classes
    http://www.hillpicketstudio.com/woodwork-courses/
    and was wondering if anyone knew about it or anything similar around Dublin or Wicklow. Dun Laoghaire further education college does a class on Monday evenings but not sure if that is for furniture or bigger projects. If anyone has any recommendations really appreciate the tips.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there's an evening course in woodwork/furniture making in bray (BIFE). there's not much on offer for general woodworking courses apart from that though, outside the ones you mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

Ok thanks for that. I think he is going to google for info and he wants to do all the plans himself and learn as he goes. Might be best to do a class when he has done a bit and knows what help he needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭Vexorg

I can recommend Hillpicketstudio, I went weekly for a about 6 months, but travelling from the city centre out to wicklow meant I was traveling for longer than the class was on. Access to plenty of equipment and your own work bench and lots of good advice and tuition.

Advertisement