Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to setup sms notification for Synology

Options
  • 22-09-2015 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone been able to set this up.

I want to use it with my synology surveillance IP camera. When it detects something it sends an sms. Only problem is it is asking for SMS url for provider eir(formally eMobile).

Just wondering if anyone has the sms url that I need

any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
    bobbyT28

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 EdenStudios

Haven't set up SMS alerts with Synology before. Hadn't realised it was possible.

Any IP cameras I have hooked up to the surveillance system have their own IOS Apps and push messages natively through the App.

Which camera are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It only works if you've got webtext and it supports HTTP posts with URL provider.tld/webtext/?var=x&var=y.....

I don't have an eir account or a Synology unit to play with it to see if its possible. If you have any webdeveloper friends ask them over for a cuppa ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Haven't set up SMS alerts with Synology before. Hadn't realised it was possible.

Any IP cameras I have hooked up to the surveillance system have their own IOS Apps and push messages natively through the App.

Which camera are you using?

USing A Foscam. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Foscam-FI8910W-Wireless-Network-Camera/dp/B006ZP8UOW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1447071920&sr=8-2&keywords=FOscam

Have it a couple of years, nothing special so looking to upgrade it soon.

What cameras have you found to work ok with Synology?

trying to get one of my Pi's (with a camera ) connected at the moment using this link:

http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=69224&start=15

Regards,
    BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 49 EdenStudios

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    What cameras have you found to work ok with Synology?

Synology Surveillance Station supports a pretty wide range of cameras. Again it's the camera mobile apps and software which send the alrerts more so that the Synology.

Does the FosCam not have an actual mobile App?

The SNH-P6410BN (samsungsmartcam.com) by Samsung is supported. The app itself sends the notifications.
    I also have a DLink and the notifications and camera recording work great.

Advertisement