Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to properly shrink a t shirt?

Options
  • 22-09-2015 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭

I have a polo t shirt that's too big for me. I like the look of it but I'm swimming in it.

I've tried washing it then tumble drying it, but it just reverted to its normal size after ironing. Next, I let it soak in boiling water then dried it normally but again, once I ironed it (and I do have to iron it) it's back to its normal size.

Is there anything else I can do, to bring it down about a size?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

I have a polo t shirt that's too big for me. I like the look of it but I'm swimming in it.

I've tried washing it then tumble drying it, but it just reverted to its normal size after ironing. Next, I let it soak in boiling water then dried it normally but again, once I ironed it (and I do have to iron it) it's back to its normal size.

Is there anything else I can do, to bring it down about a size?

I'm assuming it's made of cotton? It's not going to shrink, you could try sewing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I had thought of getting it altered, might be a but much for a t shirt though. I'll just sell it I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

I mean, it's up to you, but I know if I have a garment I like I'll usually have a stab at minor alterations. I sew as a hobby though, I know not everyone wants to be bothered :)*

*i know this because they keep trying to get me to do it for them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Hey can you do it for me? :-D

Advertisement