Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gas bottle does not connect to cooker

Options
  • 22-09-2015 3:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭

The cooker does not connect to the standard big yellow gas bottle that I bought at the local gas station. The pipe is round and has a thing in it that can move about. I can not upload the picture?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Hard to say without a photo, but you may have a threaded connection like in France instead of the snap on connectors that we have here?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭T650

Any of these look like it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Take the old fitting off and buy a new one in a HW store

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

i bought a new BBQ over summer, had a different connection than what's used in Ireland cylinders. A replacement one cost me 14 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

fyi if you don't want to change the cylinder fitting got to a large recycling center and see if any suitable cylinders have been left in, or get a second. I've gotten two small camping gaz cylinders that way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement