Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clifden Court Reviews

Options
  • 22-09-2015 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

<This house hunting has begun to not only deplete my physical but mental strength as well.>

Nevertheless, I wanted to get reviews on Clifden Court, Ellis Quay.

Anyone living there?
    Would you recommend it?

What are the cons of living here?

Thanks so much in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

To rent or to buy? If you plan to buy and live there, Id recommend trying to stay there for a bit - either rent there for a year and see how it is or at least Air BNB it for a few nights.

The area itself is nice. As for the apartments, ive never lived there but ive been in them. They are early 90s developments so a bit pokey and they arer finished like naff houses rather having the bells and whistles of more modern apartments.

I would happily rent there or buy if you get a really good price (subject to management company solvency etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭questions007

To rent or to buy? If you plan to buy and live there, Id recommend trying to stay there for a bit - either rent there for a year and see how it is or at least Air BNB it for a few nights.

The area itself is nice. As for the apartments, ive never lived there but ive been in them. They are early 90s developments so a bit pokey and they arer finished like naff houses rather having the bells and whistles of more modern apartments.

I would happily rent there or buy if you get a really good price (subject to management company solvency etc)

Thanks so much. I'm actually looking to rent.
    And, preferably for longer than one year. This is why I wanna make a well informed decision because moving here is SO tough.

The only other option I really like is Maltings on Bonham Street but honestly thus far I haven't been able to get an appointment for it. While the viewing for this one is already tm evening.

Apparently the house has been newly refurbished. So, hopefully it would be good. I dont know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

The area is grand but as with all these threads it really depends on your tolerance. Do feral children, prostitutes or drunks bother you then go forth to the South Country suburbs.

If you're aware that Dublin is a rough city but a safe one the areas you're looking at are grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭questions007

The area is grand but as with all these threads it really depends on your tolerance. Do feral children, prostitutes or drunks bother you then go forth to the South Country suburbs.

If you're aware that Dublin is a rough city but a safe one the areas you're looking at are grand.

Honestly, I have been house hunting since so long now. I am at this point that I would be willing/forced to take up anything decent that comes my way.

Out of all the houses I was able to get appointment for viewing. I liked 3, looked up the area etc. But the landlord of those didn't select us.

So, the hunt is still on... this 2 are the newest leads that I have got.

Time is running out. :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Viking Harbour, The Maltings (D8) the apartments across the road and most of Smithfield are grand!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

prostitutes or drunks bother you then go forth to the South Country suburbs.

They have drunks and hookers in the south suburbs too! Maybe a slightly better class of drunks and hookers, but theyre there nonetheless

Advertisement