Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refurbished laptops - laptopsdirect.ie

Options
  • 22-09-2015 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Does anyone have any experience with the refurbished laptops on Laptops Direct?

I was looking at This model specifically. It seems like a very good deal for an i7 with a decent enough graphics card. The 4GB RAM is a bit low but I have some lying around that I could pop in.

It says it was just an open box unit without any use, but at that price I can't help but think there's a catch somewhere though, (worn out battery/HDD maybe?), any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's not particularly good. Low speed dual core processor, and the graphics card is pretty rubbish, wouldn't play most new things even at lowest settings.

Not telling you to buy this but this for example is way faster in every way.

If you look around you can get new laptops with i3/i5 and GT840M for about €450.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

It's not particularly good. Low speed dual core processor, and the graphics card is pretty rubbish, wouldn't play most new things even at lowest settings.

Not telling you to buy this but this for example is way faster in every way.

If you look around you can get new laptops with i3/i5 and GT840M for about €450.

where might I find an i5 with a gfx card like that for 450? Not been having much luck on dell/pcworld etc

Advertisement