Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

canvas print

Options
  • 20-09-2015 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

hi im looking for a canvas print to hang on a blank wall

im looking for a city skyline at dusk with some colour in it

i have tried all shops etc and found nothing that i like

i have never had to look for something like this before so can i just find a pic i like and bring it to a printing some and get a copy ?

or is there a website that will help me out :confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭scobyobrien

popsy09 wrote: »
    hi im looking for a canvas print to hang on a blank wall

im looking for a city skyline at dusk with some colour in it

i have tried all shops etc and found nothing that i like

i have never had to look for something like this before so can i just find a pic i like and bring it to a printing some and get a copy ?

or is there a website that will help me out :confused::confused:

I would say yes and no. You can of course right click, save and go and print it, but depending on the size you want, it could be pure muck. Also, you would be stealing a photographers work. Don't know what you do for a living, but if you work for yourself and somebody wanted to benefit off what you do for free, how would you feel?

You obviously want an image to hang on your wall and you have selected a certain type. Loads of websites that will facilitate you, but they will be expensive as it aint cheap to print on canvas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Have you thought about the likes of Boots that offer wall art?. I have a few photos of my own that I'm thinking of putting on canvas to put up around the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

Try a site like: http://www.redbubble.com It has photos/paintings available as canvas prints. I've got a number of things printed with them and quality is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

I'm not sure on the exact image I want yet but know what I want

I don't mind paying money for a good print or original.as is a feature is the room

I will try that site thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kurtainsider

There are plenty of websites where you can browse for a photo that appeals to you and buy a large file size copy. You can then send it to a print shop who will probably be able to do a print in any size you like. Have you tried Shutterstock for instance? They have millions of photos at very good prices.

Regarding printing - I've used O'Connors Photo in William St Limerick several times and have been very pleased with price and quality. I'm sure that there are several places in Cork who would do a nice photo print for you as well.

Incidentially - I understand that a canvas print is much more forgiving for photos that aren't 100% tack sharp than the usual glossy print.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭pwllor

Try flickr and look for creative commons images (elsewhere too). Read the conditions because some photographers allow to use their work for personal use.

Advertisement