Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Lessons with a caravan ?

Options
  • 20-09-2015 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Can anyone give me any advice as to some driving school etc that would do lessons for towing a caravan. Would like to have a little bit more confidence when reversing. Tia

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Hi just got this off Google

http://www.comfortdriving365.com/towing.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭HarrietD

Don't use Airport Driving School. Unless you need your EB licence I wouldn't worry about lessons. Plenty of practice reversing around a kerb. Find a quiet industrial estate at the weekends. Start a foot from the kerb and aim to keep at that distance. Push the steering wheel in the direction you want the caravan to turn and use your mirrors. Go slow until you "get it" and make gradual adjustments. Once you get the knack of it you will find it easy

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

HarrietD wrote: »
    Don't use Airport Driving School. Unless you need your EB licence I wouldn't worry about lessons. Plenty of practice reversing around a kerb. Find a quiet industrial estate at the weekends. Start a foot from the kerb and aim to keep at that distance. Push the steering wheel in the direction you want the caravan to turn and use your mirrors. Go slow until you "get it" and make gradual adjustments. Once you get the knack of it you will find it easy

Not too sure I want to be anywhere in the vicinity, if you are doing this:eek::D
    http://www.cruckley.co.uk/how-to-master-reversing-a-caravan/

Firstly, you need to drive alongside the corner you want to reverse around. The wheels of your caravan must be just over the edge of the pitch or corner. Then you can start to steering. This is where it can get tricky as reversing a car with a caravan in tow involves steering the opposite way to that which you would if you had no caravan

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Kohhal

There's a place in Carrick On Shannon that always have a trailer out advertising tow lessons.

Depends on where you're based though...

Advertisement