Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL Regular Season 2015-2016

Options
  • 20-09-2015 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭

NHL.jpg

17 days left until the first game. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

Any sign of game centre coming online yet for the new season

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

JT26 wrote: »
    Go flames go!

That's a funny way spell Sabres. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Sabres leading Sens 4-3 after 2nd period right now.

EDIT: 6-4 win, with an empty netter at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Just thought about this now. Crept up on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭statto25

Are Setanta still showing NHL? I can't see anything on their website.

statto25 wrote: »
    Are Setanta still showing NHL? I can't see anything on their website.

Was wondering whether or not the contract is up for renewal. Would be brilliant if ESPN/BT got the contract. ESPN showed it before Setanta and the coverage was excellent. Proper analysis between periods. Sky sports would be good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Colmfatcamp

Gamecentre Back

$115 for the year...this'll be my first year doing it so I gather it's ok to purchase here?

I've Facebook messages setanta asking about whether they're showing leafs on Wednesday. Good to gave it back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Jan Laco

The layout of the calendar was off putting last year. For instance when they show the amount of games on the calendar.
    Because I watch the games the next day, it ruined game 6 of the Stanley cup final. It was 3-2. I was looking forward to the 6th game. but on the calendar I noticed there were no games..ie no game 7. so I knew that the Hawks had won before I saw the game.

Is it the same layout style this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Arytonblue

Hockey season almost back! Probably my favourite sport now. Been following my Red Wings for a few years, been a good pre-season after probably the most turbulent summer the team's had for a few years. Losing Babcock to the Leafs was a shame because the guy was a damn good coach and a winner for the Wings for 10(!) years. Last few post-seasons have been a bit rough and I thought we were unlucky to go out to the Bolts in 7 last season but there's a lot to be positive about. Blashill looks like a good coach who will probably not change much from the Babcock era, Richards and particularly Green are very good additions, shame though with both Datsyuk and Dekeyser missing the seasons start through injury, the teams offence is more than good enough but we need Nyquist and Tatar to step up this year with the core a year older. Defensively we are lacking outside of Kronwall, Dekeyser and Green, it's been our biggest weakness for a few years now. Goaltending wise it'll be interesting to see Howard and Mrazek fighting for the no.1 job, Howard was very impressive in the first half last year before injury after which he turned to crap. Mrazek had some great and awful games but was huge for us in the series against the Lightning. Overall I expect us to finish in the top 3 in the Atlantic, definitely behind Tampa though I think we could give Montreal a run for their money in a best of seven. Can't wait!

Season starts today!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jesseps

Go Habs Go!

Nice win for the Rangers to start the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

just watched the overtime between tampa-philly, 3 on 3 hockey is savage, was end to end stuff! its going to be fun to watch!

Not a great start to the season for Buffalo. They got scored on with the first shot by the Sens just 30 seconds in, followed by another goal in the 2nd period. Eichel scored and about 93 seconds later Kane scored as well to to tie the game but the goal was disallowed after video review because the play was offside (very close call though). Also the starting goalie got injured and left the arena on crutches. Empty netter sealed the deal for Ottawa for a 3-1 win.
    scottmcb04 wrote: »
    just watched the overtime between tampa-philly, 3 on 3 hockey is savage, was end to end stuff! its going to be fun to watch!

So no more shootouts, huh? :(

GvidoR wrote: »
    So no more shootouts, huh? :(

still think there are shootouts after the 3 on 3 period, doubt there will be many of them though! imo, a million times better than shootouts anyway! there were 3 or 4 breakaways in the >2 mins that was played!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Leafs getting a spanking here with Abdelkader already scoring a hat trick. Going to be a long season!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 deisebih

NHL app for android in the scores section will play a few live games ? Is this new without being registered for game centre ?

Even if the app streams some games, given it's Android, the screen is probably no bigger than 10". :P

• Advertisement

GvidoR wrote: »
    Even if the app streams some games, given it's Android, the screen is probably no bigger than 10". :P

No chromecast option?

jesseps wrote: »
    No chromecast option?

I don't know if supports chromecast or not.

Another loss for Sabres. :(

It was very close in the first two periods, ending 1-2 with Tampa getting a goal in the dying seconds. Score another two in the 3rd for a 1-4 win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

scottmcb04 wrote: »

Agree. Game was so open last night in the Hawks /Islanders OT. Much better performance from the Hawks too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Jan Laco

jesseps wrote: »
    No chromecast option?

It's not chromecast but it works on my dongle. I dont know the name of it offhand.But the quality of the dongle is poor so I have to watch it on my phone. Stutter that is tolerable with watching box sets gives a headache with hockey.

And I thought shootouts were very exciting. I'm disappointed with the new rules.

Jan Laco wrote: »
    And I thought shootouts were very exciting. I'm disappointed with the new rules.

Yes, I enjoyed them too. Always hoped that nobody scores in OT. :P

they were terrible, one player at most on each team that could make them slightly interesting!

3 on 3 is savage

I managed to find two links. It is nice to see that the Habs won last night against the Bruins. I can't wait for the Senators game tonight. A nice Thanksgiving weekend game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Panarin is going to be a beast if he keeps this up. What a start he's having.

Ahh... Sabres/Blue Jackets game tomorrow is at 8PM, which conflicts with my inline hockey training. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Arytonblue

Pretty good start from the Wings, 3-0 and playing some decent stuff, though two of those wins came against some pretty poor opponents in Carolina and Toronto, good win against the Lightning as the first real test, definitely a rivalry growing there. Larkin having an outstanding rookie season so far, really should be staying up even with injured players returning. Zetterberg looks back to his best as well, offence looks the best it's been in years, with Datsyuk still to return. Still early days though, big game against the Habs on Saturday.

Advertisement