Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transition Year Work Experience

Options
  • 20-09-2015 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi I am doing TY and I need to find two weeks of work experience. Does anyone know of any companies around Dublin that would take ty students? Also I'd like to try get into a hospital somewhere, but I know they can be hard to get into especially when leaving it this late to sort out! Where did the rest of ye get your work experience? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 EllieSully

I will be starting TY in late August and one of the first things we talk about is work experience. My school designates eveey Friday from November onwards for work experience, and then there are two full weeks in March. I want to get a Bachelors in Acting when I leave, but the Gaiety and other big theatre companies will be full by the time I am doing it, and others do not take on TY's at all. I still want to so some work experience in media/theatre/acting, so what would you suggest? Or what jobs would give me good skills for when I do go into college (hopefully) for acting? I am in Limerick, but am willing to travel as far as Dublin or even NI.

Advertisement