Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scoil Chaitriona Junior, Renmore, Galway

Options
  • 20-09-2015 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Has anyone had any bad experiences of this school? Our experiences have been pretty horrific. We would like to hear from you if you have had similar trouble with this school.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Forum Requests

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Has anyone had any bad experiences of this school? Our experiences have been pretty horrific. We would like to hear from you if you have had similar trouble with this school.

I haven't anyway

Why what's been going on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Whats wrong with it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I have no experience from a parent's perspective, but I've been invited in to give talks before and met quite a few of the teachers, they seemed very committed and enthusiastic. They did say it's classified as a DEIS (disadvantaged) school so they get additional supports and a better teacher-student ratio than other schools, but perhaps this is outweighed by the reasons it is classified as such for individual students. The fact that I was invited in suggested to me that the teachers are keen on broadening the curriculum and exposing students to other learning experiences, which is a plus in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

They have a fantastic school choir- they sing every year at hospital Christmas tree lighting. Very impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

There are always going to be variations in people's impressions of a school just as there are 300ish different kids there each with different needs. If there's a specific complaint or reason for negative comments they should be shared,these are little kids who can't always tell a parent what's going on all day so if there's a real problem it should be out there. It's also will be true though that in every school there will be some children whose needs won't be met. Reasons for that will be as diverse as there being one poor teacher on staff to inadequate funding to deal with special needs/troubled kids etc and sometimes it'll just be a terrible school.
    If your child is having trouble of any kind go in and talk to the teacher/principal, fight for them if you have to. Then bring it to the internet if you've no luck or if there's something serious going on.Tarring a school, all it's teachers and students with sweeping statements and no reason's to back them up though isn't cool. You'll really scare some parents of students too who can't imagine what you're talking about.
    Id be careful about sharing personal specifics in case your child is recognised too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,787 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'd guess there are some interesting PMs going on at the moment .. and that's where most of the detail stuff should be, unless you want to make complaints to the guards, the Board of Management to the Children's Ombudsman. More info here: http://www.education.ie/en/Parents/Information/Complaints-Bullying-Child-Protection-Discrimination/Parental-Complaints.html

Advertisement