Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about using Photoshop on images for college portfolio

Options
  • 20-09-2015 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi, I'm hoping to do photography in IADT next year and I've a portfolio almost completed but something struck me yesterday, I've used Photoshop on nearly all of the images to bring up contrast/saturation etc... My question is, is this allowed in the portfolio? I'd hate to have to start again as I've put a lot of work into it. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Yes, it's not an issue. Digital enhancement/editing is part and parcel of photography these days. It's no different to using different grade filters in the dark room for B&W printing etc.

Once the images aren't extreme with the sliders pushed all the way for every image. Once the images are strong stand a lone and they articulate within their themes, thats what the portfolio is based on more or less. When I submitted portfolios back in 2002/2003 DIT scored them out of 9 points. 3 points for artistic creativity, 3 for technical ability and 3 for articulation. It might be different now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

pete4130 wrote: »
    Yes, it's not an issue. Digital enhancement/editing is part and parcel of photography these days. It's no different to using different grade filters in the dark room for B&W printing etc.

Once the images aren't extreme with the sliders pushed all the way for every image. Once the images are strong stand a lone and they articulate within their themes, thats what the portfolio is based on more or less. When I submitted portfolios back in 2002/2003 DIT scored them out of 9 points. 3 points for artistic creativity, 3 for technical ability and 3 for articulation. It might be different now though.
    Thanks so much, that really helps

Advertisement