Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

limited company query

Options
  • 19-09-2015 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi guys
    I set up a limited company near the end of june for a food stall that I started doing on a sunday.
    However I now realise I made a big mistake as I will only be more then likely operating once a week and I shud of registered as a sole trader as the costs for doing the accounts etc for a limited company are way too much for what id be taking in.
    I plan on meeting my accountant Monday and work on cancelling the company im just wondering as im not in operations 3 month will there be many costs or will it take me long to set up as a sole trader.
    Any info be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

if it's never traded its a lot easier to dissolve it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

An accountant can set you up as a soletrader on the spot AFAIK. Registering with revenue takes a few weeks for it to go through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

Bit of work for an accountant and advert in national paper for voluntary strike off...get a quote and dont pay more than €500!!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭thebadguy88

pedronomix wrote: »
    Bit of work for an accountant and advert in national paper for voluntary strike off...get a quote and dont pay more than €500!!

Thanks
    I met hime yesterday said 30 euro for the form and 122 for the advert.
    Also maybe some additional work and fees but iv done no trading so i shud be fine.
    Im registering as sole trader iv learned my lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭thebadguy88

newacc2015 wrote: »
    An accountant can set you up as a soletrader on the spot AFAIK. Registering with revenue takes a few weeks for it to go through.

Thanks
    I have done it yesterday cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement