Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First MMA class

Options
  • 19-09-2015 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I've always been fascinated by and a long time admirer all things MMA, I've always wanted to train and eventually compete but there was always something in the back of my mind that kept me from doing it, maybe the thought of going in as a complete beginner and mixing with people with years of training and making a fool of myself. I've just started college and with an MMA club in the college I can't find a reason not to give it a go. I consider myself fairly athletic and agile, playing other sports for years, but I've no idea what to expect from even my first class. Im only 17 and I know I wont be thrown to the sharks straight away but will we be starting with basic stance and movement or will I get straight into rolling and sparring with other beginners?
    I'm mad excited to get into it as it's been one of my dreams for a while now, but I'm also anxious as I don't know what to expect!
    Any help/advice appreciated, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

If you just go to the class they will explain it all to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 G Spark

Yep, don't sweat it. There's no "throwing to the sharks". You'll just learn and most likely drill techniques in most classes until you're comfortable with the idea of tapping etc and then you'll be able to roll with people, beginner and experienced. Experienced guys will actually be a lot less likely to hurt you and you'll learn a ton from them. Good luck with it.

Advertisement