Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imaginosity

Options
  • 19-09-2015 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

So my other half and I are both off work this week and we're thinking of taking our 21 month old daughter to Imaginosity Children's Museum in Sandyford.

I've read the conflicting reviews and am trying to make up my mind on whether to bring her to it or not. Is she too young? It's not cheap and we are travelling from Kildare via public transport. We would love some feedback from people who have been there. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Was just there Friday with my 2 1/2 year old,he loved it bit he would have only really gotten into imaginative play the last few months. Would your little one be into it much now? There's a special section for kids up to 2 also, it's not huge though.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I haven't been with my child but I know several families who have and all have commented that a child needs to be about 2 1/2 to benefit from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

I was there recently with a four year old and eighteen month old. Older lad loved it but the younger one although he enjoyed it here have been happier visiting a farm or something. Don't think it's worth the money based on she of your child and cost of entry for you too. Better off waiting a few more months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I don't think it's worth going with a kid that young.

I actually find the place very overrated, maybe I was expecting too much from reading about it but I was pretty disappointed with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Brought a four year old and a 17 month old recently. 4 year old was about the right age for it I think, but the 17 month old loved it too. She wasn't into everything but had fun.

If you are going, may I recommended going for the first slot on a weekday morning. We had the place to ourselves, which made a big difference.

Also, bring clothes you don't mind getting wrecked. They did a finger paibting thing with the kids with non washable paint, rubbish bibs and washing facilities which the kids could not reach (which pissed me off big time). We damaged all their clothes, mine and their daddies because when we tried to wash it off we all got paint on us lifting them up. Permanently ruined everything we were wearing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement