Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choosing a big 4 firm.

Options
  • 19-09-2015 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi guys, so we just got our offers for 6 month co-op placement and I got offered a place with all the big 4. I've narrowed it down to KPMG and Deloitte as I like their CSR policies and general philosophies etc. But now I'm finding it really hard to choose. I'm going to be in the Cork offices, any suggestions or opinions on which is best to work for, from an employee satisfaction perspective. I will be joining the auditing department, and hope to get a week or so in advisory. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭adrianw

Tom-a-to, To-ma-to. They'll all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jameshealy19

<SNIP>

Hi James,

I PM'd you about this yesterday. Please refrain from posting on this thread again. Consider this a final warning on the matter.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Like adrianw said they are all very similar in a lot of ways. I trained with KPMG & had friends in all the others & the only differences really came from what type of clients they worked on (they were manufacturing based, I was financial services). I didn't do a placement before so did you get a chance to met/talk to anybody in either of them? If so, was there someone you particularly liked in one? Is your gut telling you to go to one over the other? Ultimately that's how I chose as

Advertisement