Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Differentiation of a quotient

Options
  • 19-09-2015 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

Trying to simplify this problem. Getting stuck, wondered if it's correct so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

Wondered if I'm correct in Q7 for du/dxo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

Both look ok to me.
    (2nd one isn't finished, of course. But your du/dx is correct.)

Thanks. I'll finish the second one. Can the first be simplified ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Thanks. I'll finish the second one. Can the first be simplified ?

You can multiply the constants but that's about it.

Another small thing, in the first one you have used implies symbols (the double arrow yokes!) where you should have = signs.

I know that may sound like I'm busting your balls over nothing but it's important to learn how to write maths correctly.

Keep up the good work!!

TheBody wrote: »
    You can multiply the constants but that's about it.

Another small thing, in the first one you have used implies symbols (the double arrow yokes!) where you should have = signs.

I know that may sound like I'm busting your balls over nooothing but it's important to learn how to write maths correctly.

Keep up the good work!!

Thanks for the feedback. The more i tidy things up the better for myself.

Using John bird higher engineering mathematics. Trying to get my answers the same but some times I can't. Don't think I need to for exams, but no harm trying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement