Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Init Yoga for beginners

Options
  • 19-09-2015 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I have googled lots of reviews about Init and they are all great but I don't see much about beginners.
    I have never done yoga before, have woeful balance and am fat as hell at the mo!

Would you advise bikram for someone like me who's going through weight loss and embracing a healthier lifestyle.
    Or will I be surrounded by limber lithe beautiful men and woman who will be laughing at me?!

Also are there shower facilities and are the showers private? As in closed off properly? And do they have hair dryers and what not? I couldn't find any pics.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭purethick

rustyzip wrote: »
    I have googled lots of reviews about Init and they are all great but I don't see much about beginners.
    I have never done yoga before, have woeful balance and am fat as hell at the mo!

Would you advise bikram for someone like me who's going through weight loss and embracing a healthier lifestyle.
    Or will I be surrounded by limber lithe beautiful men and woman who will be laughing at me?!

Also are there shower facilities and are the showers private? As in closed off properly? And do they have hair dryers and what not? I couldn't find any pics.

Thanks
    Bikram might be a bit hardcore to start off with - I'd suggest trying a regular yoga class before checking out Bikram. Make sure you find an instructor that has a good reputation (there are plenty!)
    If you are aiming for weight loss than I'd suggest combining yoga (whether Bikram or not), with some other activity - lots of advice and support on that front in the Fitness forum here

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I started with Asthanga and foudn it both easy to get into and physically demanding enough to get a good workout from it. Of course, that all said having a good instructor is what will determine your mileage at the end of the day, like with most things.

Advertisement