Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Sporting.com - bogus website??

Options
  • 18-09-2015 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi
    Has anyone purchased tickets for the World Cup or otherwise from this website get sporting.com? We purchased 4 tickets at a cost of €880 for the ire v fra game and have heard nothing. We rang their number today to discover that it has been suspended as a result of a uk police fraud unit investigation. Devastating!!

Anyone with advice/similar experience.

Thanks

Diarmuid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭wingnut

Was on liveline, maybe that was you??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kratose

wingnut wrote: »
    Was on liveline, maybe that was you??

My girlfriend and i did..told us they would send tickets but nothing. ..police were to contact us but didnt ..any joy with you..any numbers i could try

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

The domain name getsporting.com has been put on clientHold by it's registrar Enom.

What that means is that it's effectively been suspended, likely due to these complaints. There is contact information on the domain but it's very likely to be bogus/fake in my experience. You can find that information at any site which provides a whois domain service (for example http://who.is/ ).

The police will be in the best place to investigate this. They can contact the service providers and request more information from them. In my experience these types of sites are set up by people overseas who will acquire stolen credit/identity information so as to make it very difficult to track them after the fact unfortunately. It may be better contacting the UK police if they have an open investigation.

Advertisement