Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CarlowIFE to carlowIT

Options
  • 18-09-2015 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Does anyone have any experience on going on to Carlow IT from a plc at CarlowIFE in games and apps development? or any course for that matter? Just want to know how it works on CarlowIFE website they say "An agreement has been signed with the Institute of Technology Carlow that allows graduates from Carlow Institute of Further Education, who apply through CAO for programmes at Institute of Technology Carlow and who meet the required entry criteria, to be offered a place in advance of the usual Round 1 offers"
    The course I want is Software Development, Level 7 or 8. The level 7 does not require any grade it says "Essential component awards: None" For the level 8 it says "Essential component awards: Three Distinctions" and the Essential major awards are any.

I just want to know if I get a Merit in everything will I get the Level 7. If I get exactly three distinctions will I get the level 8.

Thanks very much, I know very long question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭J98

http://www.carlowife.ie/Uploads/Userfiles/Files/IT%20Carlow%20-%20Carlow%20IFE.pdf Here is a copy of the agreement between CarlowIFE and ITCarlow.

Anyone? even who knows how links work between any IFE and IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I think the reason you are not getting any responses is because it is not clear what you are asking.

Perhaps if you rephrase what you are trying to say succinctly, you may get a response.

Sorry it's a bit hard to explain. Pretty much how do links work between plcs and third level colleges. As in some Institutes of further education have made agreements with third level colleges to say that if the students meet the required grades for there course they will get a place in advance to the usually cao offers. Does this mean if I get exactly the required grade will I get the offer as they have that agreement? And how does that work with courses that don't require any grade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

As it was explained to me a couple of years ago there was an agreement that I.T. Carlow set a number of places aside for students from the ife. The number depended on the course but may only be 1 or 2 places.

The requirement was only the "minimum" needed to be considered. So students with the best results mostly got the places. After that you take your chances with students applying via CAO.

Mature students could get 3 attempts at a place, the ife places (if available), the mature student interview route and through CAO

• Advertisement
Advertisement