Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wonder if anyone can help

Options
  • 18-09-2015 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi

I was convicted for drink driving and have applied succesfully to get my permit license back. i was wondering since i had my permit and was doing driving lesson 10 / 12 before my conviction 2 years ago do i need to redo all 12 lessons again or am i still registerd as doing 10 and so will only have to complete 2 more? im looking to get my full license asap for work.

Thanks for your time

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Interesting - I'm not sure that scenario is covered. Open to correction of course. Did you try asking the NLDS (or what ever they're called)?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dg19

yes i was with them yesterday and to be honest the girl didn't have a clue. not her fault poor girl wasn't expecting that curveball question :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

This is the closest thing to an answer I could find on any site.
    http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Learner-Drivers/Driver-Training/Car-Training-EDT/Commonly-asked-questions-about-EDT/

If a learner fails the driving test must they repeat EDT?

There is no requirement to repeat EDT. There is one exception; this is where the learner permit has lapsed for more than 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dg19

thanks for the info ken.

Seems theres no direct answer which is frustrating. but hopefully an instructor will see the post and know the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,200 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

dg19 wrote: »
    thanks for the info ken.

Seems theres no direct answer which is frustrating. but hopefully an instructor will see the post and know the answer.

Would a quick e-mail to the Road Safety Authority get your query answered?

www.rsa.ie

Hope you get sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement