Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Tab S - power usage while using HDMI out

Options
  • 18-09-2015 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

I got a HDMI out cable for the Galaxy tab S and it works great, however the battery has a little red x over it when pluged into the cable.

I assume this means its not charging.

Is the galaxy S reliant only on battery power when pushing video out through HDMI?

The cable came with a USB lead for power which i plugged into the tv usb but still shows the red x on the battery.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I presume is expects MHL, a powered HDMi connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

yep, exactly right. The cable has on one end the micro usb that goes into the tablet, and on the other a HDMI & a usb, to provide power, but i dont know if it provides power to the tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I guess the USB port only puts out about 500mA, but the tablet would be happier with 2A. Can you plug the USB into the charge block instead of the TV port?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Il have to get a USB extender cable to try that out. The overall cable is a good length, but the usb portion is only a relatively short.

Advertisement