Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown

Options
  • 18-09-2015 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭

A young 17 year old genius who was the challenger yesterday won with a total 120 points, he worked out the conundrum in less than a second.

Worth watching today on Channel Four at 14.05 or Channel Four +1 at 15.05.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭golfball37

Xenophile wrote: »
    A young 17 year old genius who was the challenger yesterday won with a total 120 points, he worked out the conundrum in less than a second.

What was Rachel wearing and I might record it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,320 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

just a cheeky grin fnaar!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

golfball37 wrote: »
    What was Rachel wearing and I might record it?

As always a beautiful smile :)

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

The young 17 year old Garry scored 122 today and again worked out the conundrum in less than one second.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

As always a beautiful smile :)

Mind you, they all have lovely bottoms...

• Advertisement

Mind you, they all have lovely bottoms...

I didn't see the bottoms of the guys who were sitting down.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,684 ✭✭✭✭walshb

He needs to get a life.

walshb wrote: »
    He needs to get a life.

His private life could be just as exciting as yours, what makes you judge him without knowing him? Jealousy?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,684 ✭✭✭✭walshb

His private life could be just as exciting as yours, what makes you judge him without knowing him? Jealousy?

I was joking........

walshb wrote: »
    I was joking........

Good one...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Sergei Malatov

I wonder how many of the people who get 122 on Countdown are autistic?

I wonder how many of the people who get 122 on Countdown are autistic?

I wonder could the same question be asked of high scorers in Mensa ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

I wonder could the same question be asked of high scorers in Mensa ?

Na, they just practice all the puzzles and stuff before hand. Anyone can score big in that.

I got the incumbents name wrong in an earlier post.

His name is Thomas Carey, a 17 year old 6th.year student.

Today he was one point behind 99 to 100 coming into the conundrum. Once again he worked out the conundrum in one second and won the contest 109 to 100.

Not often someone who scores 100 is beaten!

Young Thomas wins again today..............116 to 37

Today it took him a little longer to workout the conundrum ! All of four seconds.

I would {mod snip}.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Mod:
    Sergei Malatov this is not the forum for that type of comment

Okay.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Okay.

Cheers

Again Thomas wins today 119 to 80. He beat a Dublin chap who sets the odds for Bookmakers.

Today he worked out the conundrum in two seconds.

No Countdown tomorrow because they are showing horse racing.

• Advertisement

Rain Man wins again.

Rain Man wins again.

I am happy for him!

Again, Thomas Carey wins today, 109 to 41. He worked out the conundrum in three seconds!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Do they let him go after 7 like they used to or does he keep going til beaten?

Do they let him go after 7 like they used to or does he keep going til beaten?

Eight, tomorrow will be his last day one way or another.............beaten or an ochto champ!

Some more information on Octochamps.

http://wiki.apterous.org/Octochamp

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Some more information on Octochamps.

http://wiki.apterous.org/Octochamp

Thanks, I haven't watched countdown in years. I do/ attempt the London Times Cryptic crossword every day though which helps keep the brain active

Thomas is an Octochamp he wins to day with the score 110 to 62.

He worked out the conundrum in two seconds.

He goes through to finals as the highest scorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Matt Le Tissier a contestant today, with Graeme Le Saux in Dictionary Corner!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Matt Le Tissier a contestant today, with Graeme Le Saux in Dictionary Corner!

He was pretty good as well.

Advertisement