Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Hue Lights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭weslers

Anyone know of any deals ?

Check out the Lifx - http://www.lifx.com/products/the-original?variant=1190662175 no hub needed originally $99 down to $59

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Moreilly wrote: »

The new model is €219 in PC World which is only €0.95c more than the Amazon price..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Moreilly wrote: »
    gone down because the new version is coming out
    Is there any information available about the upcoming versions? Am asking as I'm in the market for a reasonably good setup but am finding it difficult to locate accurate information about anything.

More to the point, I'm looking for something which is relatively low energy and which generates a warm color when bright, but can also dim down to something red/brown - almost like the old lights did with a rheostat. I'd also like to be able to control this from a light switch on the wall - presumably on/off + dimmer + color control; remote control or app-control is not very important. Also would be nice to have some kind of integrated light-tape for feature lighting in the kitchen and elsewhere.

Thoughts?

robindch wrote: »
    Is there any information available about the upcoming versions? Am asking as I'm in the market for a reasonably good setup but am finding it difficult to locate accurate information about anything.

More to the point, I'm looking for something which is relatively low energy and which generates a warm color when bright, but can also dim down to something red/brown - almost like the old lights did with a rheostat. I'd also like to be able to control this from a light switch on the wall - presumably on/off + dimmer + color control; remote control or app-control is not very important. Also would be nice to have some kind of integrated light-tape for feature lighting in the kitchen and elsewhere.

Thoughts?

Philips Hue does all of this. The wall switches wont control the colour, you will need to set the defaults on the app. ie. I have the philips tap switch which has 3 presents. I've one set for normal light, one for movies and the third switch dims the lights in the kids rooms for bed time.

http://www2.meethue.com/en-gb/

• Advertisement

unklerosco wrote: »
    Philips Hue does all of this.
    Thought so - thanks for the reply. I've ordered a controller and a few bulbs to play around with and will see how this works.

I suppose it's hardly worth noting, but neither my architect, nor contractor, nor any of the lighting shops I've visited mentioned that such a product existed - is Philips Hue only sold directly or via some exclusive arrangement with somebody or something? Seems a little strange that nobody in the business has apparently heard of it, especially since the range seems to have been around for a few years.

Sold in a good few places. I most of my kit from pc world while it was marked down. Few other retailers sell it also..

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Here ya go, cheap as you will get for the new versions and free delivery - hard to get bc mount in a kit though but adaptors are cheap as chips ( and sometimes cheaper! )

http://www.apple.com/ie/search/hue?src=globalnav and click accessories

^^^ Thanks for that - I ordered a bunch of stuff from the Apple website on Monday evening and it showed up at work earlier on today on the zero-cost delivery option. Can't fault them for speed or cost :)

Advertisement