Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guy Garvey

Options
  • 18-09-2015 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Just got my tickets for Guy Garvey in the Olympia (Dec 7th).

Should be an amazing gig :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭furryvision

it better be amazing, thought it seemed a bit pricey @ €50.. have to assume he has more planned than to just play 12 songs from his debut album

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

Yeah, I agree. Too expensive @ 50 euro.

Should be a good mix of solo stuff and Elbow material on the night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

It is pricey alright.. at the same time though, it's a great opportunity to see him perform in a small venue. Guy Garvey is a master performer. Love how he charms the crowd no matter how big or small.

I just picked up standing tickets for it. Tis an expensive month for gigs!!

I hear you Sheog.

Electric Picnic, U2, Muse and now Guy Garvey all in the one month. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

ooooh, didnt know about this one at all, tickets now booked.
    should be an interesting contrast to Def Leppard/Whitesnake the night before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

ooooh, didnt know about this one at all, tickets now booked.
    should be an interesting contrast to Def Leppard/Whitesnake the night before

And The Vaccines the night after!! :D

steve mason supporting, delighted with that. €50 for both of them easily worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Guaranteed to be playing Other Voices the weekend before it
    *I say guaranteed, I mean possibly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

anyone else make it to this, lovely performance

feel sorry for that poor rabbit though

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Was at this myself. Really enjoyed it. He didn't play any Elbow songs but I wasn't expecting it. He seemed to enjoyed it himself as well.

• Advertisement

Yeah, really enjoyed last night. Garvey has such a natural way with the audience. Plenty of funny stories, banter and cracking tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Wheeker

steve mason supporting, delighted with that. €50 for both of them easily worth it

Ahh- was gonna go to this as I like the new Guy Garvey album. Didn't get around to it. But now I'm really p*ssed off I missed this- big Beta Band fan & have seen Steve Mason a couple of times (Electric Picnic to c.40 people:confused:), have been waiting for him to return to Ireland for some time.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Albert !
    :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭mosstin

Thought the gig was pretty decent. Could not believe the fact that, having paid €50 for a bloody ticket, he played 'Angela's Eyes' twice. Ridiculous.

i'd agree with that mosstin. for €50, there was too much filler... it was a good gig, but he was totally scrambling to fill an hour and a half.
    Went to see Leon Bridges in olympia a few months back, he also has 1 album and and a huge backing band...it was half the price, put it a bit in perspective for me.

i'd agree with that mosstin. for €50, there was too much filler... it was a good gig, but he was totally scrambling to fill an hour and a half.
    Went to see Leon Bridges in olympia a few months back, he also has 1 album and and a huge backing band...it was half the price, put it a bit in perspective for me.

Shame really. For a man with such an interest and love of music and to be surrounded with so many talented musicians, I thought he could have tried so many covers which I was really looking forward to. He's a big Talk Talk fan - would have been amazing last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

I was there and loved it. I was hoping for a couple of Elbow tracks as he played Switching Off and Great Expectations at his previous gigs. But that was probably only because The Plumedores (with Mark Potter) were doing support and could join him on stage.

I really enjoyed Peter Jobson's couple of tracks. I am Kloot's bassist effortlessly does lead guitar and does some brilliant intermission tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCIsBAdQazw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Steve Mason any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

Of course!!! Just him and an amplified accoustic guitar.
    Album out in February.
    Think he did seven songs... 2 boys outside, 2 monkey madness, 2 new and 1 beta band (correct me if i'mn wrong!)
    we were in the circle and there were a good few there for him, including ann enright of all people! top woman!!

this happened at the glasgow gig:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTY1p2yt0YU

would have given anything to see that here :(

• Advertisement

this happened at the glasgow gig:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTY1p2yt0YU

would have given anything to see that here :(

That pisses me off more. Looks brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

His acoustic session with Paul McLoone earlier in the week.

http://www.todayfm.com/The-Paul-McLoone-Sessions--Guy-Garvey

Advertisement