Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New nexus tablet?

Options
  • 17-09-2015 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Any nexus tablets out this year? Hate Samsung devices bar the nexus 10 which was great. The 9 seems to have issues so haven't got one yet...

Cheers.
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭droidman123

Hi folks,
    Any nexus tablets out this year? Hate Samsung devices bar the nexus 10 which was great. The 9 seems to have issues so haven't got one yet...

Cheers.
    Mick

I doubt if we will see a new one this year, the rumours would be doing the rounds by now going on past form

Having said that
    http://www.ibtimes.com/google-nexus-8-2015-tablet-visits-geekbench-ahead-nexus-5-2015-release-2066920

Not sure if i would believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭micks_address

I doubt if we will see a new one this year, the rumours would be doing the rounds by now going on past form

Having said that
    http://www.ibtimes.com/google-nexus-8-2015-tablet-visits-geekbench-ahead-nexus-5-2015-release-2066920

Not sure if i would believe it.
    Yeah i doubt we will see it at this stage.. i'm sorry i sold my nexus 10 last year.. sold it in the hope the nexus 9 would have been my htc one m8 (gpe rom) in a larger format... which apparently its not :)

My Nexus 10 played any video format i threw at it.. first mkv i copied onto the samsung tab S failed to play.. couldnt fault the tab s screen but otherwise it just annoyed me..

I'm thinking maybe its time to look at maybe the surface 3... or maybe a xperia tab but they are pricey..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭droidman123

Yeah i doubt we will see it at this stage.. i'm sorry i sold my nexus 10 last year.. sold it in the hope the nexus 9 would have been my htc one m8 (gpe rom) in a larger format... which apparently its not :)

My Nexus 10 played any video format i threw at it.. first mkv i copied onto the samsung tab S failed to play.. couldnt fault the tab s screen but otherwise it just annoyed me..

I'm thinking maybe its time to look at maybe the surface 3... or maybe a xperia tab but they are pricey..

Yeah the nexus 10 is the best tablet i ever had.i bought it at launch a few years back and its still as solid and reliable as day one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

I've the Nexus 9 but I'm interested to see what they announce for 29th Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭micks_address

Niemoj wrote: »
    I've the Nexus 9 but I'm interested to see what they announce for 29th Sept.
    http://www.engadget.com/2015/09/29/google-pixel-c-tablet/

Interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Pixel C is promising, but the irish price, and weight are question marks. I am still on my N10...after 3 years it is still usable for basic stuff. A bit disappointed that it is not getting Marshmallow but that was expected.

The N9 is eur 279 in Argos which is a good deal, but I am not convinced...

Advertisement