Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to rent my own place

Options
  • 17-09-2015 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The first paragraph. That was just a rant, wasn't it? I wonder what their side of the story might be....?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭diarmuid05

Athenry is a good option if you include the train service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

• Registered Users Posts: 25,787 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Tuam. Or any of the villages shown on the Pick-up points on here: http://burkesbus.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moycullen, Knockers, Barna.
    Check daft for rent prices.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Your living in a house share, everyone is equal, tell them f off if they try and gang up on you.

Your living in a house share, everyone is equal, tell them f off if they try and gang up on you.

If everyone is equal, surely two outvotes one?

You may be mistaking 'equal' with 'fair and balanced'. Do you watch much Fox News?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

RHJ wrote: »

i presume they had wolf burgers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

Not being funny Op but would it not be a lot easier and cheaper just to wash the dishes? "Keep the common areas clean" is a pretty standard rule for shared accommodation IME, I wouldn't say that makes your housemate a clean freak. Most people don't like waking up to a dirty kitchen. Different if yis have all discussed it and all agree that it's ok to leave dishes overnight, but expecting you to wash your dishes is hardly ganging up on you?

Same goes for the washing machine, you're all sharing so you all need to get your turn, and it's unfair if these girls really are using the washing machine every single day (are they?) have you talked to them about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Mahogany Gaspipe

starling wrote: »
    Not being funny Op but would it not be a lot easier and cheaper just to wash the dishes? "Keep the common areas clean" is a pretty standard rule for shared accommodation IME, I wouldn't say that makes your housemate a clean freak. Most people don't like waking up to a dirty kitchen. Different if yis have all discussed it and all agree that it's ok to leave dishes overnight, but expecting you to wash your dishes is hardly ganging up on you?

Same goes for the washing machine, you're all sharing so you all need to get your turn, and it's unfair if these girls really are using the washing machine every single day (are they?) have you talked to them about it?

+1
    Sorry OP but I think the majority would side with the gals on that one.
    I cant understand leaving dirty dishes in the sink it. Personally it drives me silly and I cant see how stacking them neatly helps?

House sharing is stressful but getting your own place will be costly,

+1
    Sorry OP but I think the majority would side with the gals on that one.
    I cant understand leaving dirty dishes in the sink it. Personally it drives me silly and I cant see how stacking them neatly helps?

House sharing is stressful but getting your own place will be costly,

+ another 1

Sounds like you're the problem here, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Ah heyor... Leave it oooot...

OP is here for information, not to have their situation picked apart.

Don't knock the prospect of another house share, OP. Guaranteed there are some people out there that will be totally on the same wave length as yourself. There's a facebook page, househunting for sound people that gets good traffic.

Aside from that, Moycullen or Barna would probably find you a cosy one bed place for 550 - 600 a month.

Aside from that, Moycullen or Barna would probably find you a cosy one bed place for 550 - 600 a month.

But they aren't the greatest for bus connections to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭starling

Wasnt knocking you personally OP, it just sounded like you were going to cost yourself a lot of money over something relatively minor. If your situation isn't working for you, then it's not working, nbd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

RHJ, wherre are this pair? I'm looking at a house share with two women and don't want to end up in your shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Use PM for that thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

But they aren't the greatest for bus connections to town.

Is that an opinion Mrs O Bumble or have u information to back it up

I'm renting a one bed flat for that price and see a few on daft etc that are beside a bus route into town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I'm renting a one bed flat for that price and see a few on daft etc that are beside a bus route into town

Why would you need a link to show that Barna and Moycullen arent on great bus routes? Geographical location isnt an opinion based science. Have they been moved onto city routes recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Why would you need a link to show that Barna and Moycullen arent on great bus routes? Geographical location isnt an opinion based science. Have they been moved onto city routes recently?

I think the poster means those particular areas being bad vs other areas of a similar distance. :)

Just on that, Mrs O'B IS most likely basing this on fact vs opinion as she is the cogs behind a very handy transport page, and thus is more in the know than many.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

biko wrote: »
    Use PM for that thanks

Will do, RHJ, i await the pm :)

If you know things about the bus services from Barna and Moycullen that I don't know, then please do share.

Both would be possible - but if you miss the bus, you're looking at a long walk and wait (Barna) or a taxi (Moycullen). And ditto for going home.

IMHO places on the Burkes route to/from Tuam would likely be a better deal, and have better transport.

There's a regular bus service in and out of barna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

If you know things about the bus services from Barna and Moycullen that I don't know, then please do share.

Both would be possible - but if you miss the bus, you're looking at a long walk and wait (Barna) or a taxi (Moycullen). And ditto for going home.

IMHO places on the Burkes route to/from Tuam would likely be a better deal, and have better transport.

Bus timetable is not very clear from your link, here is the timetable from the source

http://citydirect.wpengine.com/route-414/

Beauty of barna is the sea and also it's within cycling distance of the city(and also the v regular knocknacara buses). That beats tuam anyday.

IMHO places on the Burkes route to/from Tuam would likely be a better deal, and have better transport.[/quote]

why promote one private bus route over another?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

why promote one private bus route over another?

Well to start with Burkes are a local company.

Secondly, they are very flexible about pick up and drop off points for the most part. Bus Eireann has it's designated stops and that's that.

Their pricing is very good too.

They are very regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

why promote one private bus route over another?[/QUOTE]

Why not?

• Advertisement

There's a regular bus service in and out of barna

Just. Two CityDirect buses in the morning, one of which meets the OPs needs. One at midday. And one bus home in the evening. Supplemented by Bus Éireann's 424, which are fairly scarce too but do at least run on the weekends.

Looking at Daft.ie right now, there are a whopping two places for rent in Barna. One is 950 pcm. The other is 700. Did you read the bit about budget in the OP's post?

I get that it's prettier and by the sea - but they weren't criteria that the OP listed.

Advertisement