Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no idea what I'm buying

Options
  • 17-09-2015 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭

I honestly don't know my arse from my elbow when i t comes to phones. I've tried to research them but i can't make head nor tails of the specifications, what's good, what's not.

I have about €300 give or take to get a new phone. My current one is a heap of crap. Samsung S4 mini. Hated it after a couple of months.

I was thinking of the OPO or maybe stretching for the OP2 (would prob have to stick with the 16gb though) if i can get an invite. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If there are better alternates for the money I'm all ears.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Vodafone smart ultra 6 seems to be the phone of the moment,can be got for €175 unlocked,good thread on bargain alerts about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

What did you hate about the first phone? If it was the operating system, lumia might be the way to go..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

What did you hate about the first phone? If it was the operating system, lumia might be the way to go..

No i like the os, think id stay with android.

It just kept freezing. Was only 8 gigs so kept running out of space which led it to be slow. Also battery kept randomly overheating. Duno how i haven't hopped it off the wall in two years... but then again its two years old and going reasonably well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

NATLOR wrote: »
    Vodafone smart ultra 6 seems to be the phone of the moment,can be got for €175 unlocked,good thread on bargain alerts about it

But is it a good phone or a good bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Same problem here with same phone freezing and no space have to delete one thing before downloading another.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

gufc21 wrote: »
    No i like the os, think id stay with android.

It just kept freezing. Was only 8 gigs so kept running out of space which led it to be slow. Also battery kept randomly overheating. Duno how i haven't hopped it off the wall in two years... but then again its two years old and going reasonably well

My girlfriend has that phone. It a PoS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

gufc21 wrote: »
    But is it a good phone or a good bargain?

It ticks all the boxes in regards to spec
    Full HD screen
    2gb ram
    Decent enough processor and camera
    Good size battery
    16g storage, plus takes a memory card
    All depends on what you want from a phone
    Downside for me is the size,5.5 inch screen is too big

Advertisement