Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Europa & Champions League Outright - Final Thoughts

• 16-09-2015 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Interested to hear some final thoughts on both European competitions, after the first round of the champions league games and before the Europa kicks off tomorrow.

Usually try and muster an outright double or at least a single for both but as always, it's tricky, with plenty of variables.

Any thoughts and analysis appreciated. Lets try and bank a nice winner come May!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Very early stages but the usual suspects Real Madrid, Barcelona & Bayern Munich are always there or thereabouts (5 of the last 7 winners).
    Their short odds reflect their chances though.
    English teams don't look up to much this year, Chelsea won 4-0 but what were the opposition like?
    Arsenal, Man Utd & Man City all lost and apart from City, the other 2 would have been expected to win their matches.
    Atl Madrid look an interesting outsider maybe?

Europa League is a mine field.
    Spanish teams have done well in the past and the fact the winner now gets into the CL is a big plus for it but a lot of clubs don't play their strongest teams in it.
    Good luck predicting the winner at this early stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I don't have any thoughts or analysis but Barcelona and Dortmund are the obvious choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I don't have any thoughts or analysis but Barcelona and Dortmund are the obvious choice.

Dortmund? What?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

Dortmund? What?

I would imagine he means Barcelona for champions league and Dortmund for the Europa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

scouttio wrote: »
    I would imagine he means Barcelona for champions league and Dortmund for the Europa

Just came back to edit the post before anyone realized. Damn :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Barca or Bayern for CL and Bilbao for the EL

They need to sort out the teams dropping down into the EL as it hinders betting - one of Seville, City or juve will be in it

Advertisement