Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mole removal - costs for private patient

Options
  • 16-09-2015 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

So... I had a drop my private health insurance some time back and never got around to reactivating it. I popped along to my local GP recently with a mole which not too long ago was a freckle. Now I had a few of these taken off my back some time ago. Pathology results were all clear. (I had VHI then too) However I'm keen to get this MoFo off of me ASAP. My doc has referred me to a hospital however a mate of mine told me he was waiting for almost 6 months to get called in to have the same procedure.

So the question: anybody have any idea of how much this would cost for me to pop along to a private hospital and get one mole removed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

just one crew as an example :

http://www.adarecosmetics.ie/moles-3

€80 Consultation

€180 per mole removed and analysed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I got a few moles removed from my back from Cosmedics.ie based in Phibsboro, Dublin a few years ago and I'm sure it was cheaper than the above quote. They did a great job and sent for lab inspection also.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Op if its a place not visible then id probably take the chance with one of the clinics, but if its anywhere visible, I'd be paying to get it done properly.

I had a facial one removed earlier this year, even with VHI i had an excess of €200, initial consult fee of €200 then follow up of €150 so it wont be cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭tampopo

€80 there and then with GP.

Advertisement