Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Taiwan 125 kWh , electric car, Italian design

Options

Comments

125 Kwh is over kill if you ask me.

60 Kwh would do most people if you can charge it in 10-20 mins for the odd long trip. I think if people have the option they won;t pay for over 300 miles range if in reality they know 60 would do them just fine.

Leaf II will have the option just like it will have in 2016 with 24 and 30 kwh but IMO the 30 Kwh should be standard and not cost extra because of the fall in cost over the last 5 years paying more for the 30 kwh leaf is not a way to encourage people to EV and it's worrying if Nissan can;t make it cheaper after this time how are they going to make a 150-200 Mile affordable EV in 2018 ? Realistically , who will pay 40K for a Nissan leaf ? I sure as hell won't. But competition will most likely make them reduce the cost considerable considering the GM bolt will have a 37K USD price tag and 35 K USD for the Model 3. Nissan should be worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Bigus

Yes 125 kWh might be overkill , but it's like Vw launching the golf R first and making the 1.2 litre available later or Mercedes releasing the C63 AMG before the C180. Big numbers get the headlines , just like Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

125 Kwh is over kill if you ask me.

Why, what about the EV sport car market. ( or the sports car market in general )

I think this is the future of EVs, big sexy, fast EVs are seriously going to woo ICE buyers. when you smoke a few porsches at the lights people sit up and notice

Advertisement