Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FETAC Qualification in Norway

Options
  • 16-09-2015 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I am new to this so sorry in advanced for bad formatting and stuff.

I am currently doing a FETAC level 5 in Office Administration with the main goal of getting into college. I know this is enough to get into college locally but what I really need help with is information on college in Norway.
    I dont have my Leaving Certificate but I'm wondering if college in Norway accept a FETAC level 5. I have looking on Norwegian sites and their college sites etc, but I am find it hard to navigate and understand them.

If anyone knows any information about getting into college in Norway with this qualification or what qualification I would need to get in would be great help.
    All advise will be very appreciated.

Again sorry for the bad formatting etc,

TL;DR
    Can I get into college in Norway with a FETAC Level 5.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think Nokut in Norway is something similar to NARIC.

Presuming you can read Norwegian if you are going to study there, perhaps it's somewhere on this page?
    http://www.nokut.no/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ClearlyQuentin

That's the problem, I dont know enough Norwegian to understand the website and the translation isnt the best. They provide most courses in English which is why I haven't stressed learning the language yet. I found a page on that website showing me the form to find out if certain qualifications are accepted but it is a pdf so I cant translate it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Maybe ask the Norwegian Embassy for a link?

Have you investigated the situation re grants, if any?

Thats not a bad idea, Thanks.

Nope not at all, I'm completely useless at all this, I have no idea where to start. If I'm honest, I dont fully understand what 're grants' are.

By grants, I mean money to fund your course, unless you are paying your fees yourself.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    By grants, I mean money to fund your course, unless you are paying your fees yourself.
    Oh, you see there is no tuition fees over there, it only costs like 50 euro which lets you take your exams and get student discounts etc.

Oh, you see there is no tuition fees over there, it only costs like 50 euro which lets you take your exams and get student discounts etc.

For anyone or for citizens? Do you have somewhere to live? Its certainly not cheap to live in Norway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

I didn't know about free fees in Norway, sounds interesting. I googled studying in Norway for free just now and I found this page in English:

http://www.studyinnorway.no/Study-in-Norway/Admission-Application

http://www.nokut.no/en/Facts-and-statistics/Surveys-and-databases/GSU-list/

It looks like they only accept the LC with at least 2 honours subjects. You'd probably need to contact the college you are interested in directly to find out if there is any possibility of accepting a Fetac instead.

Advertisement