Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day out suggestions?

Options
  • 16-09-2015 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for ideas to bring my girlfriend for a day out. We live in Munster and she's from Canada so on Saturdays I'd like to do something for the day. Can only do days as we are both involved with a drama group so our evening are taken up.
    Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Geocaching.

American girl took me Geocaching. Thought it sounded like a silly "American" hobby and wouldn't possibly be an active thing in Ireland. I was humoring her because she was really into it.

My shock/joy/excitement when we actually found one. I was no longer a 'muggle'. Have gone multiple time since. Great craic.

It's not really heard of that much. If you enjoy hiking or days out exploring cities/rural areas. They're often hidden in cool locations that you would have missed. Download the app - it only costs a tenner and it's way better than the free version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Dingle, Killarney, ring of kerry, Tralee, Limerick, Cashel, Mizen head / sheaps head / beara penninsulas, Clonakilty, Cork city, kinsale and charlesfort, Cobh/fota, Dungarvan, Waterford all worth a visit off the top of my head.

Boat tours of cork harbour, trips to spike island, ring shandon bells and hundreds of other things to be done in Cork city.

Surfing, canoeing, nightime kayaking, windsurfing, , hiking, live sports, dog / horse races, horse riding, cycling, cycling at ballyhoura, public bike schemes in cork and clonakilty, golf, angling in courtmacsherry, whale watching, coasteering in inch east cork, mitchelstown caves, sherkin or another island, countless festivals especially in July and August etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭VisibleGorilla

Hike Carrauntoohil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭tampopo

Geocaching is the biz. 😎

Advertisement