Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Experience

Options
  • 16-09-2015 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Do you know any places where they take you for TY work experience? I was suppose to do my work experience at the hotel but the manager texted me last minute that there is no place for me anymore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Most places will take in work experience TY students provided that they're not in a busy period or anything. Look at smaller companies (i.e. stay away from big corporations like Tesco or Google), just knock on the door and go in and ask them if they do anything like that. It's only for a week, so it's not a big burden on the company.

Your school will usually have an "emergency" list of places where they can send students who can't find placements or who have them cancelled at the last minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

OP a bit late in the day but try and find something interesting. Try and stay out of the hotels/retail type efforts (although everyone should do these jobs once it's a great antidote to becoming an asshat).

Best of luck to you!

Advertisement