Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats this?

Options
  • 16-09-2015 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

any ideas?

image.jpg1_zps1xc072co.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,658 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Some kind of wood wasp would be my best guess. It actually looks like a hornet from certain angles too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Its a strange looking yoke. We had a wasp nest last year in the kitchen roof so I think I better get the nest killer out again just to be safe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Wood wasps are no danger to you.

Good to know. Will still check for a nest in the spot from last year tho because the wife said there was a few around today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

aaakev wrote: »
    Good to know. Will still check for a nest in the spot from last year tho because the wife said there was a few around today

It's that time of year when we notice wasps about. It doesn't mean there's a nest about. If there was you would have notice right through Summer.

• Advertisement

It's that time of year when we notice wasps about. It doesn't mean there's a nest about. If there was you would have notice right through Summer.

Im nearly sure it was this time last year i had one too. will keep an eye, hopefully your right! In saying that though my brother is after noticing one in his house only in the last week, they moved in in june

Advertisement