Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese

Options
  • 15-09-2015 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭

The company I work for have started doing a lot of business in Asian markets recently. There will soon be some new positions available based in China, with some very attractive relocation packages on offer. I was considering learning Chinese, as it would give me a super chance of landing one of these positions.

Having looked into it, it seems like it's not the most difficult of languages to learn, with no future or gender tense, for example. Has anyone any experience, is it as simple as borrowing some audio books from the library and then maybe finding a private tutor? I'd imagine the written part might be challenging though.

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 joeypzh

Learing Chinese is not so easy, suggest you to find a teacher to teach you face to face. Hope everthing goes well with you in China, contact me if you need any help. I'm a lawyer in Shanghai, China.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Well you need to pick between mandarin and cantonese depending on where you would based.

Advertisement