Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bringing formula on flight..

Options
  • 15-09-2015 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone have any advice on this, travelling to spain with baby and just bringing carry on luggage. The baby will need a bottle during the flight ( can this be brought on already made up). Also I will need formula for the week, I dont want to buy this over there so can I bring a container of formula powder with us through security?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I brought on formula to a flight. Was no problem.

You can do it a couple of ways for the baby... bring pre-made-up bottles, or bring powder and ask for hot water on board. I found the pre-made up bottles handier. You can also buy cartons of formula.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I brought premade formula cartons for flights.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

We flew Ryanair a few weeks ago, and I brought 4 200ml bottles of pre made formula, and also a small bottle with 100ml of camomile tea (made at home), and had so issues,

They did however take a bottle off me and said they needed to test it, and I can't remember if I was or was not supposed to get it back, but in my husterd flustered state of going through security with the baby for the first time, I simply forgot to ask for it back!

as far as the power, it's not a liquid so you should absolutely be able to take it through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

"Medications, baby formula, milk and are allowed if essential for use during the trip"

Source: http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/terminal1/facilities-services/travelling-with-children.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

I recently flew with Aer lingus and I brought 4 bottles of water with the powder formula in separate little tubs. I thought they might ask me to pre-mix it but had not issues at all just bringing through the water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

My baby girl is a year old and we flew on four occasions with her over this year. Each time I brought 4 pre made bottles. It was more than we neeed for the flight but I thought it better to have more than I needed in the event of delays, spillages, etc.

As for buying formula, I emailed Aptimel to see if the formula I was using was available at my destination.
    It was available in Lanzarote under a different name and was a lot more expensive.
    Uk I had no problem at all.
    Sweden, 99% of women breast feed so formula of all kinds is thin on the ground.
    France- you can get it again under a different name.

I just brought an unopened tub of it with me to everywhere except the UK.

Advertisement