Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice

Options
  • 15-09-2015 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

Hi guys ,

I'm looking to experiment with an android box that has the capabilities of running Kodi. I would like some cheap recommendations.

I am new to this and looking forward to trying a few new things.

Help is very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭BandMember

My advice would be you get what you pay for - don't go for the cheap option.

There are loads of cheap boxes out there but they are cheap for a reason: they are rubbish! The spec is basic or out of date, they tend to have power issues, can have out of date firmware, will experience trouble playing HD streams (live and/or 1080 streams especially) amongst other things.

If you buy a proper one and look after it (keep the cache cleaned, update the firmware, install the correct Kodi releases etc.) it will last you a few years. You could go through a couple of cheap boxes in the same space of time which will end up costing you the same.

You should really do a search of some of the Kodi/XBMC so you know how much to pay for each box, get a reputable seller and, most importantly, get a box that will do what you want it to do.

TL;DR - Splash out a few extra pennies for a Minix X-8H or a Minix X-8H Plus. Top of the range and a great box. The MXIII 2GB version seem to be runner up. Alternatively, spend the same money on a couple of cheap boxes that will drive you insane. Your call. :cool::P

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

I am also new to tvbox, I just follow some recently, I think if you want some cheap recommendation, brands like beelink, tronsmart or tronfy are good, both of them are fully loaded for kodi, but still different from each other with the specs.

I recommend you two, one is the tronfy MXIV, the other is beelink x2. One is good at specs, another is good at price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

delph09 wrote: »
    I am also new to tvbox, I just follow some recently, I think if you want some cheap recommendation, brands like beelink, tronsmart or tronfy are good, both of them are fully loaded for kodi, but still different from each other with the specs.

I recommend you two, one is the tronfy MXIV, the other is beelink x2. One is good at specs, another is good at price.

OK went and ordered the Beelink x2 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

Where did you get it can i ask interested in one myself

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

hope you have good using experience, if it's possible, hope you can tell me how the box is, and then I can select one for myself. I still hesitate to choose from beelink and tronfy, or even some other tronsmart boxes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement