Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Experience in hospitals

Options
  • 15-09-2015 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi i am studying office administration and was hoping to get some work experience in a hospital. Do yo think this is a good idea. How/who would you apply to in the hospital for a work experience position?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Op write to the HR in the Hospital with a cover letter, CV and copies of any certs. You may need insurance but the college should have a letter to cover it. Make sure you state how many hours are required and when you are required to do them i.e 300 hours any time or only Fridays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bazinga2899

The college has insurance for us. It will be one day a week for the college duration. Do you think i should send a letter? would they get around to reading it or should i just call them/email?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

If you call they are going to tell you to send them in the information. If you can get an email address then send one but make sure you include all the information and documents

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

The college has insurance for us. It will be one day a week for the college duration. Do you think i should send a letter? would they get around to reading it or should i just call them/email?

I tell my students that, if possible, go in person and try to speak to someone. If you call or email, they can give you the brush off, but if you go there in person, dressed smartly, with your CV, you have a better chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bazinga2899

Thanks for that! Can you walk into a hospital and go to HR? If so I'll do that although I wouldn't know where to start looking for them! Would love to get in with them!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Thanks for that! Can you walk into a hospital and go to HR? If so I'll do that although I wouldn't know where to start looking for them! Would love to get in with them!
    I imagine so. Just go the reception desk and ask them where to direct you. Or if you know anyone who works there - in any capacity - ask them to put a word in for you, or at least to help you find the right person to ask.

They might give you the brush off, but they might at least give you a hearing, when they see that you've taken the trouble to come in. Good luck.

Advertisement