Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short term mortgage

Options
  • 15-09-2015 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

I'd like to buy an apartment in Dublin now.
    I'll need a loan of about 100,000 to buy it outright though.
    However I am also expecting to receive 100,000 in about a year or less.

Since this will be a short term loan I'm hoping not to pay too much interest.
    Is there a bank / credit union / building society that would provide this sort of loan?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,148 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You could take out a 100k mortgage for the minimum time span they allow, then just make a lump sum payment once you get the 100k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

You may not qualify for a mortgage based on your income and affordability for a short term so just take out a variable rate mortgage on a 20/25 year term and when you receive the 100k just pay it off.

I'd like to buy an apartment in Dublin now.
    I'll need a loan of about 100,000 to buy it outright though.
    However I am also expecting to receive 100,000 in about a year or less.

Since this will be a short term loan I'm hoping not to pay too much interest.
    Is there a bank / credit union / building society that would provide this sort of loan?

Advertisement