Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAP2 - Attendance

Options
  • 15-09-2015 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

I am about to begin attending the CAP2 Course for CA in October.

I just wanted to ask the following and hope someone can clarify the below for me:

- Is it essential that I attend all Lectures? With this new Attendance App does it matter if I miss a lecture or two? Or could this be held against me?

- What does the Financial Reporting Workshop and involve? If I miss one, can it effect my understanding/progress for that subject?

I'm not planning on missing loads of lectures, theres just one weekend I had plans and it happens to be the weekend where there are two classes and a workshop involved.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭jus_tin4

Most of the course will be online for viewing, so its handy for stuff you may not have got the first time.

Regarding the attendance, unless your place of work requires you to attend all lectures its up to you, however it would be advisable not to miss too many imo, I found FR the hardest exams and now have to repeat it in Oct which is a bit of a pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Marry91

Thanks for the reply!

Best of luck in October with the repeat!

Do you know what is involved in the Financial Reporting Workshop? What I mean is what is the difference between a normal FR lecture in contrast to a FR Workshop?

I'm clueless as I'm only attending my first lecture in October

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭jus_tin4

from what i can remember it basic double entry, if your strong in that I wouldn't imagine you need to go, but its always going to do you no harm either as FR have a lot to do with knowing the double entry - if your working in that sorta line that will also help!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TG860

In the workshop you work through a number of questions with a lecturer (usually different to your normal lecturer). A question bank is uploaded before each workshop.
    They're basically more practical sessions than lectures to prepare for exam technique.

I didn't think they were essential myself but some people prefer different approaches!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Squareball2010

For Cap 2s - lectures are not the be all and end all. Yes they can be beneficial but if you miss a few (which lets face it everyone will along the way with personal and work commitments) you will not be disadvantaged. All are posted online and any important ones I did miss I just caught up on online and it worked fine (did this over study leave too).

FR workshops are amongst the best and most beneficial things to attend during the CAP2 programme and you should do your best to make these as much as you can as they are practical and hands on and work through q banks which is the end game - not reading slides for FR!

But missing an odd weekend is not something to worry about as all will be posted online and can be watched if you really wanted to....

• Advertisement
Advertisement