Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dublin Airport fast charger (Topaz)

Options
  • 15-09-2015 12:22pm

Ice'd with a merc and a electric kangoo. Had to get the garage staff to get rid of them and they were very nice about it too. A regular occurrence they said.

I thanked the merc driver for moving and I said to him that that's an important piece of infrastructure you're blocking and there are 2 big signs you couldn't have missed. He wasn't happy. But he might think twice next time.

The 2 lads that came back to the van said this is electric and I said so it is but you're not plugged in and they said we were and I said you can't fast charge it so the charge bays are only for electrics that are charging at least plugged in. They said nothing because they knew.

There was plenty of parking available but it was more convenient to park in the charge bays.

At least the bays should be green.

This is another bad spot and I've a feeling a lot worse location than Tesco in Naas. Surely a spot could have been found in the airport and charge for the electricity and parking so people would stay only enough to reach their next destination. I don't think there is a lot of thought put into the location of some of these charge points.

In getting funny lucks from taxi drivers? What's that about lol?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Got e-golfed in at the airport a couple of weeks back. After waiting for 45 minutes for them to finish charging (I guess they were waiting to be charged to 100 percent) we just left for another location.

samih wrote: »
    Got e-golfed in at the airport a couple of weeks back. After waiting for 45 minutes for them to finish charging (I guess they were waiting to be charged to 100 percent) we just left for another location.

Yeah this is what happens when people do what they want without consideration for others.

People really shouldn't leave their car at a (fast charger) unless there is a note or their number somewhere.

I wish the ESB would send out letters with some guidelines on using the chargers.

Almost forgot. when I was leaving the airport , maybe 15 mins after I finished charging there was a large white van parked across the two bays.

Maybe painting the bays would help ? though I fail to see how people could miss the signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,228 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Arseholes will be arseholes

Here's Steve Jobs's favourite parking space. Note he didn't bother with license plates either

18mlvx0czs8lfjpg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Maybe painting the bays would help ? though I fail to see how people could miss the signs.

The bays are painted. Some people don't give a damn.

• Advertisement

Not at the topaz, they're not painted , maybe in the airport car park itself.

Not at the topaz, they're not painted , maybe in the airport car park itself.

Yup... at the Topaz... been painted since May/June. Not the electric vehicle charging only stencil but the e-car stencil with the extra green line on the outside of the bays.

cros13 wrote: »
    Yup... at the Topaz... been painted since May/June. Not the electric vehicle charging only stencil but the e-car stencil with the extra green line on the outside of the bays.

I saw it actually looking back at the pics but they could have painted them properly.

I still think the Topaz was a ridiculous location to install a dc charger.

I can't understand why the DAA don't have one somewhere in the Airport itself ?

I saw it actually looking back at the pics but they could have painted them properly.

I still think the Topaz was a ridiculous location to install a dc charger.

I can't understand why the DAA don't have one somewhere in the Airport itself ?

Clonshaugh is largely resolving that this week. As the crow flies it's 2030 meters exactly from charger to charger. All works were completed a few weeks ago but it's been waiting for a properly qualified person to do the final sign-off.

Omni Park on the other hand is going backwards. The ducting and electrical box has been removed and re-concreted over. Official word from ESB is that it's on hold. I'm not exactly crushed... it was a bad location... physically too tight...in a busy place with limited parking and already in an area with more than enough rapids.

Clonshaugh is largely resolving that this week. As the crow flies it's 2030 meters exactly from charger to charger. All works were completed a few weeks ago but it's been waiting for a properly qualified person to do the final sign-off.

This is a DC charger ? do you know the exact location ?

• Advertisement

This is a DC charger ? do you know the exact location ?

Yup it's a DBT triple head.

https://goo.gl/STcJML

DSC_0269.jpg

Yup it's a DBT triple head.

https://goo.gl/STcJML

DSC_0269.jpg

Excellent , thanks for that !

Pity there aren't 2, I can see that being a very busy site !

Would be cool if it's ready on the 12th I might have to take a trip to the Airport, or I'll take the diesel, already 20,200 on the Leaf ! :D

Handy spot to wait while you wait for someone to arrive, give you a call and you're there in 10 mins pick up and off again !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Ice'd with a merc and a electric kangoo. Had to get the garage staff to get rid of them and they were very nice about it too. A regular occurrence they said.

I thanked the merc driver for moving and I said to him that that's an important piece of infrastructure you're blocking and there are 2 big signs you couldn't have missed. He wasn't happy. But he might think twice next time.

The 2 lads that came back to the van said this is electric and I said so it is but you're not plugged in and they said we were and I said you can't fast charge it so the charge bays are only for electrics that are charging at least plugged in. They said nothing because they knew.

There was plenty of parking available but it was more convenient to park in the charge bays.

At least the bays should be green.

This is another bad spot and I've a feeling a lot worse location than Tesco in Naas. Surely a spot could have been found in the airport and charge for the electricity and parking so people would stay only enough to reach their next destination. I don't think there is a lot of thought put into the location of some of these charge points.

In getting funny lucks from taxi drivers? What's that about lol?

I had my first heated conversation with an ICE driver at the exact same location. Had to charge at Topaz Dublin Airport on a few occasions over the last few weeks and had no bothers until one prick in a red Peugeot parked his car in front of me while i was connecting to FC. I pointed nicely that this is an EV charging spot. He went ballistic with Mind Ya Business comments. I just told him this was what I was doing - signage is right in front of him to be read... Anyway he ignored me and went away. I was about to ring NASP but he came back obviously with 1L wee lighter and sped off.
    On the positive side I like waiting there for the plane to arrive while I charge. Has a big screen to follow the arrivals too...

I really don't know who the hell made the stupid decision to install the charge point there ?

All us EV drivers should meet up there and block the fuel pumps and see how ICE dives like it !

I really don't know who the hell made the stupid decision to install the charge point there ?

All us EV drivers should meet up there and block the fuel pumps and see how ICE dives like it !

Imagine... Hahaha... Story in the news: 10 EV drivers parked at the fuel pumps at Topaz Dublin Airport and went for a coffee and snack to the shop. On their return to the cars, half of the Dublin City taxi drivers were waiting outside looking for an explanation LOLZ...

peposhi wrote: »
    Imagine... Hahaha... Story in the news: 10 EV drivers parked at the fuel pumps at Topaz Dublin Airport and went for a coffee and snack to the shop. On their return to the cars, half of the Dublin City taxi drivers were waiting outside looking for an explanation LOLZ...

Taxi drivers would be calling on the Government for a nationwide ban on Electric car chargers. haha.

Taxi drivers would be calling on the Government for a nationwide ban on Electric car chargers. haha.
    The least! :D

Advertisement