Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC M9 or M8s

Options
  • 15-09-2015 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Due an upgrade on my M7 and looking at M8s or pay around €80 for the M9.
    Would appreciate any views or opinions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Save €80 and go with the M8, there is next to no difference between the M8 and M9 in day to day use. The M8 has slightly better warmer colour rendering and battery life.

I've been using the M8 for a year now and it's the best phone I've owned. I tried an M9 for a few hours and there is no difference, you'd have to check the phone settings in detail to tell you have an M9 or M8 in you hand. There is no phone I want to switch to and nothing making me want to upgrade to. It's going to take something special to top it and I usually change phones every 9 months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Thanks Captain.

The phone that I can get is the M8s, is there much difference between it and the M8 ?

Also would like to get an Otter cover for it, so wondering if the M8 size also fits the M8s, would you know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I didn't notice the M8S in your post. The S is very similar to the M8 overall. The S has a bit more battery life over the 8. I usually get 1.5-2 days out of the M8 no problem.

The internal storage is half on the S but it still have an SD card slot. The camera is the other difference, the M8 will take a better low light image but the S will be better in normal conditions.

If it was me I'd take the 8S over the 9.

Cheers Captain, thanks for the advice. Think I will do that and save some money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Do you become eligible for an upgrade based on the length of time you've had the phone like?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If you can afford it and the difference is only €80 I'd certainly go for the newer model. Chances are you might not notice it much in day to day use, but I'd imagine the M9 processor will be faster than the M8s one and will last longer without needing to be replaced. I don't own either phone by the way, that's just a general rule of thumb I'd apply.

Do you become eligible for an upgrade based on the length of time you've had the phone like?

After 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

do you have other options? There are some other really nice phones out there. I was a die hard HTC fan but a change is nice (have a nexus 6 now), especially with the future of the company looking in doubt.

nedd wrote: »
    do you have other options? There are some other really nice phones out there. I was a die hard HTC fan but a change is nice (have a nexus 6 now), especially with the future of the company looking in doubt.

Iphone 5c / 5s

Samsung A5 / S5 / S6.

Some of these are free but others have an extra charge.

Always used the HTC previously and have always found them good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Hi. Could anyone tell me if this is a goo deal on the M7?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Original-HTC-One-M7-Android-4-4-2-sense-6-0-32GB-Quad-core-1/2047853895.html
    I'm looking for an unlocked phone and not prepared to spend much more that 150

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Techless wrote: »
    Iphone 5c / 5s

Samsung A5 / S5 / S6.

Some of these are free but others have an extra charge.

Always used the HTC previously and have always found them good.

Jeezus. I hope you went with the S6! Head and shoulders above the others imo. How much extra is it? Is it the 32 or 64GB?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Hi. Could anyone tell me if this is a goo deal on the M7?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Original-HTC-One-M7-Android-4-4-2-sense-6-0-32GB-Quad-core-1/2047853895.html
    I'm looking for an unlocked phone and not prepared to spend much more that 150

Dunno if its legit HTC.

Mightn't use the correct bands for here either, maybe worth a punt.

You'll get good direction in the Chinese Androids thread here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭ofcork

I have the M8 and due an upgrade but dont think the M9 is a big leap so debating now.

Advertisement